Medical Laboratory Technology
Department of Medical Laboratory Technology in Father Muller Medical College conducts BSc. MLT course since 1995 and MSc. MLT course since 2008, affiliated to RGUHS Bangalore. These programmes are designed to provide up-to-date knowledge and practical training in the field of laboratory medicine. The institution provides state of the art NABL Accredited clinical laboratory (Haematology, Histopathology, Cytology, Cytogenetics, Blood Bank, Biochemistry and Microbiology) and excellent infrastructure to train the students.
- Departmental library.
- Class rooms and demonstration rooms equipped with laptops and projectors.
- Well-arranged practical halls and research laboratory.
- Exposure to the workbench and routine tests conducted in various departments of our NABL accredited laboratory.
- BSc. MLT
- MSc. MLT with Haematology, Microbiology and Biochemistry specialisation
WORKSHOPS, CME CONDUCTED BY THE DEPARTMENT
- Department have been conducting annual CME “SCIENTIA” since 2011.
- A Guest lecture on “MALDI/MS technique” Organized by Department of MLT Father Muller Medical College and hospital, held on 4th June 2013.
- An invited talk on “Quality Control in Clinical Laboratory” Organized Jointly by Father Muller Medical College Hospital Laboratory and Department of Medical Laboratory Technology, FMMC held on 4th May 2013.
- A Workshop on “Good Pre analytical Practices” conducted by Department of MLT in association with BD India Private Limited held on 11th February 2014.