The department of Radiation Oncology in this Hospital is equipped with a medical linear accelerator that is capable of providing conformal radiation therapy which includes 3DCRT, IMRT and IGRT treatment. It is also equipped with a floor based ExacTrac image guidance system that helps in tumor tracking and thus capable of delivering Image Guided Radiotherapy (IGRT). It has FDA approved Eclipse version 13 treatment planning system that helps in creating the best possible plan to reduce toxicities to the patient.
The Brachytherapy facilities use high dose rate iridium-192 source and we routinely perform
- Intracavitary brachytherapy for gynecological malignancies.
- Interstitial brachytherapy for
- Gynecological cancers
- Head and neck cancers
- Limb sparing procedures in soft tissue sarcoma
- Intraluminal brachytherapy for carcinoma esophagus. Surface mould brachytherapy.
All decisions regarding patient care are taken in a multidisciplinary tumor board that includes highly trained team of Radiation Oncologists, Medical Oncologists as well as Surgical Oncologists in order to provide the best possible care for the patient.
We also have facilities to administer chemotherapy and immunotherapy in the wards as well as on day care basis and have a biosafety cabinet installed so as to prepare chemotherapy safely as per NABH guidelines.
The patients will be benefited from a team consisting of dieticians, physiotherapist, speech and rehabilitation specialists, clinical psychologist and medical social worker support during treatment and on follow up.
The department is involved in community oncology work conducting weekly oncology clinics at Honnavar as well as cancer detection camps routinely. Health education is also provided to patients caregivers to assist in better post treatment rehabilitation.
We also have various insurance schemes like Vajpayee Arogyashree for BPL card holders, Rajiv Arogya Bhagya for APL card holders, Yeshaswini, ESI, Sampoorana Suraksha scheme as well as various other private insurance schemes in order to allow the best quality of treatment to be administered at the most affordable rates.
- To make the department of Radiation Oncology as one of the best departments in India in academics, research and patient treatment
- To provide state of the art treatment to the patients suffering from cancer.
- To impart quality training to postgraduate students.
- To provide facilities in the department for clinical & basic research in radiation oncology.
- To encourage staff to develop skills in teaching and research.
External Beam radiotherapy : CLINAX DBX 6X Eclipse TPS -13 version
- Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy (IMRT)
- Exac Trac floor based Image Guided Radiotherapy (IGRT)
- 3 D conformal Radiotherapy (3DCRT )
- 2 D Radiotherapy
- Palliative Radiotherapy
Brachytherapy : HDR – Eclipse V3 18 channel Oncentra TPS –CT/ MRI Compatible
- Interstitial brachytherapy
- Intra luminal brachytherapy
- Intra caviatry brachytherapy
- Surface Mould
Mould Room : Advanced facilities
Specialty clinic (Specify category)
|S.No.||Name of the Clinic||Days on which held||Timings||Name of Clinic In- charge|
|1||Head and neck clinic||Every Tuesday afternoon||3:00-5:00 pm||Dr Hasib A.G.|
|2||Gyneacological clinic||Every Saturday afternoon||3:00-5:00 pm||Dr Athiyamaan M S|