STAFF IN NEWS
Dr. Ramesh Bhat M, Skin specialist and Professor of department of Dermatology, Father Muller Medical College is elected as National President Elect of Indian Association of Dermatologists, Venereologists and Leprologists [IADVL] in the recently held elections. He will take over as the President Elect during the 45 th National Conference of IADVL DERMACON 2017 at Kolkatta to be held from 12 to 15 th of January 2017. He is the only second Dermatologist from Mangalore and sixth in Karnataka to be elected to this post. Dr. Ramesh Bhat previously served as President of IADVL Karnataka branch in the year 2011. He also served as National Hon General Secretary of IADVL in 2010-12. He was the Organizing Secretary of successfully held 43 rd National Conference of IADVL – DERMACON 2015 at Mangalore which was attended by nearly 4,000 Dermatologists from all over the country and abroad. He is also a recipient of Dr. L.N.Sinha Memorial National Young Dermatologist Award  and Prof Ratan Singh Award .
- Congratulatory message
- Mr. Arun Kumar completed the Ph.D. in Medical Biochemistry from St. John’s Medical College, Bangalore.
- Dr. Vishak S., Assistant Professor of ENT has completed Fellowship in Head and Neck Surgical Oncology in July 2015 under Rajiv Gandhi University of Heath Sciences, Bangalore
- Dr Padmaja Udaykumar appointed as the member of Board of Studies of (PG) RGUHS and (UG) Nitte University
- Dr Padmaja Udaykumar is the Recognized external PhD GUIDE – Savita University, Chennai and Deputy chair person of Central ethics committee, Nitte university.
- Dr. Uday Kumar K. has been appointed as member of RGUHS Board of Studies for PG courses.
- Dr. Nagesh K.R. has been selected for FAIMER at PSG Institute of Medical Sciences, Coimbatore.
- Dr. Shannon has won Ist prize and Dr. Sowmya has won IIIrd prize in a quiz competition conducted a A.J. Institute of Health Sciences during the CME on ‘High risk pregnancy’ on 14.04.2015.
- Dr. Edward Nazareth became the Member of Board of study in Surgery and allied subject under GOA University from October 2015.
- Dr. Ramesh Bhat received Prof. Ratan Singh National Award for his contribution to the national body as a teacher, researcher, patient care and dedicated service for the Dermatology speciality during DERMACON 2016 held at Coimbatore in January 2016.
- Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Science has approved Research Project of Dr. Shivashankara A.R., Associate Professor of Biochemistry titled “Proteomic Identification of Salivary Biomarkers of Alcoholism” and sanctioned grant of Rs. 4,80,000/-.
- Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Science has approved Research Project of Dr. Beena Antony, Professor of Microbiology titled “Analysis of biofilm product and Antibiofilm activity in Anaerobic microbial community of human body” and sanctioned grant of Rs. 3,00,000/-.
- Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences approved the Research Project of Dr. Princy Palatty, Professor of Pharmacology titled “ Mechanism studies to decipher the pathways responsible for the skin care effects of sandalwood (santalum album linn), a medical plant indigenous to karnataka : cell culture and in vitro studies” and sanctioned grant of Rs. 4,61,000/-
- 15 MBBS students have successfully completed their STS Projects during the year 2014 and 7 MBBS students have selected for STS ICMR Research Project Award for the year 2015.
- 46 MBBS students of our Medical College have submitted their project proposals for STS ICMR Research Project Award 2016.
STAFF IN NEWS
- Dr. Nagesh K.R has been selected as member of the International Forum of Teachers (IFT) of the UNESCO Chair in Bioethics.
- 23 MBBS students have successfully completed their STS Projects during the year 2013 and 15 MBBS students have selected for STS ICMR Research Project Award for the year 2014.
- 55 MBBS students of our Medical College have submitted their project proposals for STS ICMR Research Project Award 2015.
- Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) and Board of Research in Nuclear Sciences (BRNS) has approved the Research Project titled “Identification of specific variability parameters and pulse patterns for disease characterization using peripheral pulse analyzer” under Dr Jayapraksh Alva, Dean and Professor of Medicine and sanctioned grant of Rs. 15,60,700 / - for two years beginning from 2014-15.
STAFF IN NEWS
- Dr. Ramesh Bhat M awarded ‘Appreciation Award’ for contributing as Deputy Chairman of Academy Dermatology Karnataka.
- Mr. Narasimman S., Professor & Course Coordinator of Physiotherapy was appointed as Vice Dean II of Physiotherapy course. He has been also selected for the Best Academician Saveetha Award by the Saveetha university, Chennai for his achievement in the field of Physiotherapy.
- Dr. Latheesh Latheef has successfully completed the FNB Examination (Fellow of National board): in Hand & Microsurgery in February 2013 at Ganga Hospital, Coimbatore.
- Mrs. Janet Dotty Lobo was awarded Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Library & Information Science by the Mangalore University.
- Dr Padmaja Udaykumar, Professor & Head, Department of Pharmacology has been appointed as Honorary Visiting Professor to the Department of Pharmacology, Anna Medical College and Research Centre, University of Technology, Mauritius.
- 65 MBBS students of our Medical College have submitted their project proposals for STS ICMR Research Project Award 2014.
- During the year 7 staff of our College have secured Research Grants from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore for their research work.
- The Fourth edition of the Text Books on “Medical pharmacology” authored by Dr Padmaja Udaykumar, Professor and Head of Pharmacology was released.
- Over 150 Scientific articles have been published by our staff in various Medical Journals during the year.