STUDENTS IN NEWS
The following students of Father Muller Medical College have secured ranks in the RGUHS examinations for the year 2016:
P.G. MEDICAL- EXAMINATION HELD IN JUNE 2016
Name of the Student Subject Rank Dr. Shwetha B Rao M.D. (Dermatology, venereology & Leprosy) 2nd Dr. Meryl Sonia Rebello M.D. (Dermatology, venereology & Leprosy) 04th Dr. Krutika Morappanavar M.D. (General Medicine) 2nd Dr. Rohith Pinto M.D. (General Medicine) 09th Dr. Cheryl Sarah Philipose M.D. (Pathology) 06th Dr. Reena Sherin Parveen M.D. (Pharmacology) 08th Dr. Lenon Jason D’Souza M.D. (Radio Diagnosis) 01st Dr. Romina Geraldine D’Souza M.D. (Radio Diagnosis) 05th Dr. Sanjay Kumar P. M.D. (Radio Diagnosis) 10th Dr. Rekam Anusha D.D.V.L. (Dermatolgy, venereology & Leprosy) 1st
Name of the student Class / Year of exam /Subject Rank Dr. Sahana P. MBBS Phase I – June 2012 – Overall 04th MBBS Phase III Part II – December 2015 – Overall 10th MBBS Phase I – June 2012 – Anatomy 01st MBBS Phase I – June 2012 - Biochemistry 01st MBBS Phase III Part II – Dec 2015– Paediatrics 02nd Dr. Sharmila Somayaji MBBS Phase III Part II – December 2015 – Overall 09th MBBS Phase I – June 2012 - Biochemistry 02 MBBS Phase III Part II – Dec 2015– Surgery 05 Dr. Lubna Mukthar Ahmed Bendigeri MBBS Phase I – June 2012 – Biochemistry 06th Dr. Minu George Kunnanatt MBBS Phase I – June 2012 – Biochemistry 09 MBBS Phase II– December 2013 -Microbiology 10 Dr. Veronica Lobo MBBS Phase III Part II – Dec 2015– Surgery 08 Dr. Divya V. Shenoy MBBS Phase III Part II – Dec 2015– Surgery 10
Name of the student Class / Year of exam/ Subject Rank Ms. Railen D’Souza MHA – September 2015 - Overall 03rd Ms. Sujisha P. MHA – September 2015 - Overall 04th Ms. Suraksha MHA – September 2015 - Overall 05th Ms. Reena V.J. MHA – September 2015 - Overall 07th
Name of the student Class/ Year of exam / Subject Rank Mr. Abdul Muneem II – M.Sc MLT in Haematology & BL. Transfusion– October 2016 05th Ms. Aneena Varghese II – M.Sc MLT in Microbiology & Immunology– October 2016 01st Ms. Sharonraju II – M.Sc MLT in Microbiology & Immunology– October 2016 02nd Ms. Shibi George I B.Sc. MLT – August 2013 01st II B.Sc. MLT – September 2014 03rd Ms. Mounitha M. I B.Sc. MLT – August 2013 04th II B.Sc. MLT – September 2014 10th Ms. Sruthi V. I B.Sc. MLT – August 2013 06th Mr. Mithun K. I B.Sc. MIT –August 2013 03rd II B.Sc. MIT –September 2014 03rd Ms. Haseeba K. I B.Sc. MIT –August 2013 06th Ms. Sumanjali N. II B.Sc. MIT –September 2014 01th Mr. Sagar Shrestha II B.Sc. MIT –September 2014 08th Mr. Muhammed Abdulla Vayalkuni II B.Sc. MIT –September 2014 09th Mr. Jins Jose I – B.Sc RT – August 2013 01st Mr. Abbas Simsar I – B.Sc RT – August 2013 03rd
Name of the student Class / Year of exam/ Subject Rank Mr. DSouza Arnold Fredrick I BPT – August 2012 – Human Physiology 05th I BPT – August 2012 – Biomechanics 06th I BPT – August 2012 – Psych. & Sociology 07th II BPT – August 2013 – Pathology & Microbiology 08th III BPT – September 2014 – Ortho & Traumatology 10th IV BPT – September 2015 – Neurology & Neurosurgery 08th Ms. Crasto Norrisca Paulina John Baptista I BPT – August 2012 – Human Physiology 07th Ms. Jeneive Flavia Rose Monteiro I BPT – August 2012 – Psych. & Sociology 05th Mr. Dgama Kryson Shawn Elliot I BPT – August 2012 – Psych. & Sociology 07th Ms. Sudha A. I BPT – August 2012 – Psych. & Sociology 09th Ms. Sneha Alex I BPT – August 2012 – Psych. & Sociology 10th Ms. Cardoza Hazel Enna Henry III BPT – September 2014 – General Surgery 03th
STUDENTS IN NEWS
The following students of Masters of Hospital Administration have secured ranks under the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore:
NAMES RANKS Ms. Railen D’souza 3rd Rank Ms. Sujisha P 4th Rank Ms. Suraksha 5th Rank Sr. Reena V J 7th Rank
CONGRATULATIONS TO Dr ANURAG YADAV
Dr Anurag Yadav, Post Graduate Resident of Biochemistry department, has secured Pitabus Jamuna Burma Award and a sum of Rs. 3,000 for his Scientific paper which is adjudged as best amongst those submitted under this award during Annual Conference of Association of Clinical Biochemists of India held at Mangalore from 12th December 2016 to 15th December 2016.
Ms. Sandhya Rao Kordcal and Ms. Swathi S. of MBBS 2012 Batch have secured 1 st Place in the Intercollegiate MEDIQUIZ on Medicine held at A.J. Institute of Medical Science, Mangalore on 22nd October 2016.
CONGRATULATIONS TO DR SHANI CONSTIN
Dr. Shani Constin, Post Graduate Resident of Medicine department has secured BEST PAPER AWARD for her Research paper on MMRC & CAT in COPD at Pulmokarn 2016 held at Bangalore from 15.07.2016 to 18.07.2016 under the guidance of Dr. Don Mascarenhas, Assistant Professor of T.B & Chest Department.
- 7 PG Degree / Diploma Students have secured ranks in the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Science examination conducted in April 2015.
- During the year 2015, 9 MBBS, 7 BPT, 4 MIT, 1 RT and 1 M.Sc. MLT students have secured ranks in Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Science examination.
- Dr. Divya Venugopalan, PG Resident of pathology department won second place in the quiz on Soft tissue tumour pathology, conducted at the “XXXIII Annual National CME in Pathology” held at J.N Medical College, Belgavi , from 03-06 June, 2015.
- Dr. Maria B.M., & Dr. Nikhil Victor D’Souza PG Residents of Medicine Department secured 2nd Prize in the prestigious Annual Prof.S.D.Deodhar Memorial Post Graduate quiz in Rheumatology – Regional round at KMC, Mangalore on 6.6.2015.
- Dr. Aaron Charles Lobo PG Resident & Dr.Peter George, Professor of Medicine secured Best paper award for ‘Paraquat Poisoning A challenge to the critical care physician: our experience” at IX Annual Conference of Indian Society of Toxicology from 23.8.15 to 28.8.15 in Chennai.
- Dr Susan Maria Mendonca, PG Resident of pathology department won the first place for her oral paper titled, “Suprabasal mitotic index: A cell kinetic aid in Psoriasis diagnosis” at the CME in Dermatopathology conducted by KMC Manipal between 26-27 September, 2015
- Dr. Hilda & Dr. Abdul won the first prize in Inter collegiate quiz competition on Neuro –Ophthalmology on 25th October 2015 at KMC Mangalore.
- Ms. Swathi S & Ms. Sandhya Rao, Kordkal MBBS students of our college won First prize in the Zonal level UG Dermatology Quiz 2015 conducted by IADVL, at KMC Mangalore on 13.09.2015 and secured 2nd Place in the Undergraduate quiz of IADVL, Karnataka Branch held at S.S. Institute of Medical Sciences, Davangere on 29th November 2015.
- Dr. Dhara and Dr. Alveera, PG Residents of OBG Department won 1st place in intercollegiate postgraduate quiz on Ultrasound in Obstetrics & Gynecology held at Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore
- Dr. Asher George Joseph, Post Graduate Resident of Surgery Department has won the “Gold Medal in the Vivekananda Prabhu Memorial Gold Medal Examination” conducted by Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore on 03.01.2016.
- Dr. Mohan Babu M presented a paper at the Silver Jubilee Kancips 2015 at Shivamogga on 30th Aug.2015. He won Rs. 1000 as the best award for the podium presentation.
- Dr. Samatha M Swamy,PG Resident of Dermatology has been awarded grant to attend SARCD 2015 [South Asian Regional Association of Dermatologists, Venereologists & Leprologists) at Mysore.
- During DERMACON 2015, Dr. Reeja Mariam George won first prize, Dr. Namitha Chathra and Dr. Mahajabeen Madarkar, PG Residents of Dermatology won appreciation award for their Research paper presentation.
- Dr. Teena Ramesh presented a poster on Immunohistochemistry of Lichenplanus and oral presentation on Trans Epidermal water loss in neonates. Her poster was selected as a featured poster during the congress and she received IADVL travel grant to attend the World Congress of Dermatology in Vancouver, Canada from 6th to 13th June 2015. She also received Prof. S. Premalatha Award for the best research project in Basic Dermatology during DERMACON 2016 held at Coimbatore in January 2016.
SPORTS & GAMES
The Father Muller Medical College students participated and won prizes in the RGUHS Intercollegiate tournaments as mentioned below:
Mysore Zone Chess Tournament held in our college on 18 th & 19 th August 2016 : Men’s Team Runners up Women’s Team 1 st place
- Students selected for University Chess Team (Men):
- Mr. Nihal Manjunath – 2012 batch
- Mr. Paul Vivek Praturi – 2012 batch
- Students selected for University Chess Team (Women):
- Ms. Viona Dcunha – 2010 batch
- Ms. Shristi J Shetty – 2011 batch
- Ms. Mahima Khandige – 2014 batch
- Students selected for University Volleyball Team (Women):
- Ms. Veronica Lobo – 2011 batch
- Ms. Manjuvani S – 2011 batch
- During the year 2015, our college students were the winners of Mysore zone Table Tennis Tournament (W) and Chess Tournament (M), Runners up in Basketball Tournament (M) and Football Tournament (M).
- During the year 2015, our college students were the winners of Inter Zonal Chess Tournament (M) and Football Tournament (M).
- During the year 2016 our college students participated in University Athletic meet and won medals. Mr. Naeem A.K. MIT Student (200mtr – Silver, 100mtr and 4x100 – Bronze), Mr, Alvin Kuriakose, BPT Student (Triple jump – Silver, 4x100 – Bronze), Mr. Jude Libin Alby, BPT Student (4x100 – Bronze), Mr. Ganesh Gowda, MBBS Student (4x100 – Bronze).
- The following students Selected to RGUHS Univerisity team.
- Mr Wilbur Leander Cutinho ( MBBS )got Selected for Table Tennis Tournament.
- Ms Shristi J Shetty ( MBBS) got selected for Chess Tournament.
- Ms Nihal ( MBBS) got selected for Chess Tournament.
- Mr. Moraes Terence Macmillan (BPT)
- RGUHS Blazer : The following students got the RGUHS blazer for representing RGUHS University
in the Inter University Sports / Games during the year 2014-15 on 8th May 2015 at Dhanvanthri Hall
- Paul Vivek Praturi - Chess
- Veronica Lobo - Athletics
|Mysore Zone Table Tennis Tournament held at Dr. M.V. Shetty College of Physiotherapy, Mangalore on 23 rd & 24 th August 2016:|
|Women’s Team||Runners Up|
|Mysore Zone Volley Ball Tournament held at K.V.G. Dental College and Hospital, Sullia on 7 th and 8 th September 2016:|
|Women’s Teams||1 st place|
|Inter Zonal Chess Tournament held at BMC&H, Chitradurga from 23 rd to 25 th September 2016:|
|Women’s Teams||1 st place|
|Inter Zonal Volley Ball Tournament held at BMC&H, Chitradurga from 17th to 19 th September 2016:|
|Women’s Teams||1st place|
|37th monsoon Chess Tournament held at Vivekananda college of Arts & Science, Puttur from 26th to 28th August 2016:|
STUDENTS IN NEWS
- Dr. Aruna C M, Post Graduate Resident of Surgery Department awarded Gold Medal for securing highest marks in MS. General Surgery in the University Examination held in the month of May 2014.
- Dr Amitha Jane D’Souza Post Graduate Resident of Paediatrics department received Dr. Ankegowda Award for her paper presentation titled “Foot length as a surrogate anthropometric measurement in emergency settings” during the Karnataka State Pedicon 2014 Conference held at Mysuru from 31st October 2014 to 2nd November 2014.
- Dr Praveen Kumar B., Post Graduate Resident of Pharmacology has been selected for the financial assistance of Rs. 25,000/- from the Indian Council of Medical Research, New Delhi for his MD Thesis study.
- Mr. Thilakchand K.R., MBBS Intern and Ms. Sahana P. of MBBS student have secured 1st and 2nd Place respectively in the Oral Presentation competition of their Research papers held during the International Undergraduate Medical Conference organised by A.J. Institute of Medical Sciences on 24th and 25th March 2014.
SPORTS & GAMES
- Ms. Shristy J. Shetty of MBBS 2011 Batch has been selected for the receipt of sports cash prize for representing RGUHS University in the All India / South Zone Inter University Chess Tournament during the year 2013-14.
- Mr. Nihal Manjunath of MBBS 2011 batch, Ms. Shristi J. Shetty of MBBS 2012 batch, Ms. Manjuvani S. of MBBS 2012 batch and Ms. Prina Clarissa Crasta of MBBS 2013 batch have been selected to receive the Blazer for representing RGUHS University in the Inter University Sports / Games during the year 2013-14.
- Our College Men’s Chess Team have secured 1st Place in Mysore Zonal Chess Tournament held at Koppa from 27th September 2014 to 28th September 2014 and were the runners up in Inter Zonal Chess Tournament held at J.J. Medical College, Davangere on 1st and 2nd October 2014.
- Our college Men’s team were the Winners in RGUHS Mysore Zonal Basket Ball Tournament held in our college on 22nd and 23rd September 2014 and were the Runners up in RGUHS Mysore Zonal Football Tournament held from 6th to 8th October 2014 at A.J. Institute of Medical Sciences, Mangalore.
- Mr Nihal Manjunath and Mr Paul Vivek Praturi MBBS students of our college were selected to represent RGUHS in South Zone Inter University Chess Tournament 2014-15held at VIT University, Vellore from 14th to 19th October 2014.
- Ms. Veronica Lobo of MBBS 2011 Batch was selected to represent RGUHS IN 75th All India Inter University Athletic Meet held at Alva’s Education Foundation, Moodbidri from 5th to 15th January 2015.
STUDENTS IN NEWS
- Ms. Sahana P. of MBBS 2011 Batch has been conferred with Dr P. S. Bhusaraddi Gold Medal by Karnataka Chapter of Anatomists for securing highest marks in Anatomy in the RGUHS Examination held in June 2012.
- Dr Ankith Rai, Final Year PG Resident, Department of Pharmacology represented India at the International Novartis Biotechnology Leadership Camp (Biocamp) 2013 held at Basel, Switzerland from 25th August 2013 to 28th August 2013.
- Dr. Akshitha Ratnakar Shetty, Post graduate of the department of Dermatology has been awarded IADVL Karnataka Branch “Best Thesis Award” during CUTICON 2013 held on 26thand 27th October at Shimoga.
SPORTS & GAMES
- Our college Men’s team were the Runners up in RGUHS Inter Zonal Basket Ball and Volley Ball Tournament held in year September 2013.
- Our College Men’s team were the Runners up in RGUHS Mysore Zone Basket Ball and Volley Ball Tournament held in August 2013.
- Ms. Shristi J Shetty , and Mr. Nihal Manjunath, MBBS Students represented RGUHS University Chess Team and participated in South Zone Inter University Chess Tournament in the year 2013.
- Dr. Hanock Nischal Post Graduate Resident of ENT Department has won 3 gold medals, 2 silver medals and 1 bronze medal in RGUHS Inter Collegiate Swimming Competition organized by Kempe Gowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore held on 18th and 19th September 2013.
- Our college students participated in RGUHS Inter -Collegiate Athletic Meet 2013 for Men and women organized by SDM Dental College and Hospital , Dharwad from 29th to 31st October 2013. The following Medals were won by our students :
|Ms Veronica Lobo, II MBBS||400 meters, Gold Medal|
|High Jump, Silver Medal|
|200 meters, Silver Medal|
|Ms Manjuvani, III MBBS||Discus Throw, Silver Medal|
|Mr Pavan Guru, II MBBS||400 meters, 4th place|