Youth Red Cross (YRC)
YRC trains to render selfless service to their society. In a bid to prepare communities for emergencies and to nurture humanitarianism in the youth, the Youth Red Cross unit of Father Muller College of Nursing undertakes umpteen tasks.
Youth represent a substantial part of the membership of Red Cross for its humanitarian commitment. Young volunteers can make a significant contribution to meeting the needs of the most vulnerable people within their local communities through Red Cross youth programme. This has been designed to involve young people as much as possible in the movement and its activities not only as workers and also as beneficiaries, but as partners in management.
The Youth Red Cross unit of our college imbibes service mindedness among students and trains them to disseminate and practice the seven fundamental principles of Red Cross Society, HUMANITY, IMPARTIALITY, NEUTRALITY, INDEPENDENCE, VOLUNTARY SERVICE, UNITY and UNIVERSALITY.
- Promote life and health through training and education on safety, primary health care and healthy living
- Encourage community service through training and education
- Disseminate the seven fundamental principles of Red Cross and Red Crescent movement through activities that encourage the Red Cross ideals
- Promote international friendship with activities that cultivate a humanitarian spirit
- Technical support in the development of youth programmes, fund-raising, identification of material and human resources