About the course
Bachelor of Audiology and Speech Language Pathology (BASLP) is a four year Bachelor degree course (6 semesters with 10 months compulsory clinical internship), affiliated to Mangalore University, approved by Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI), New Delhi and also has Accreditation by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
The first 3 years is an equal combination of theoretical subjects and hands on practical training.
Pass in 10+2 or any examination considered as equivalent by Mangaluru University, with the following subject combination: Physics, Chemistry / Biology / Mathematics / Computer Science / Statistics / Electronics / Psychology / Economics / Home Science / The candidate should have completed 17 years of age as on December 31 of the year of admission.
Application procedure for admission
- On payment of Rs. 1000/- as demand draft in favour of Father Muller College of Speech and Hearing, made payable in Mangalore.
- Application forms must be collected personally at the Speech and Hearing admission counter or visit the website download the application form submit to the office through post or email.
- The application forms should be filled by the applicant in her/his own handwriting.
- The duly filled in application form should reach the admission office on or before the specified date or the students can fill the application in office itself and submit the same.
- The name of the candidates in the application and in all other related forms must be written as it appears in SSLC Marks Card and correspondence except those with affidavit for change of name.
- The information given in the application should be correct or suppression of any factual information in the application would lead to disqualification from the programme.
Certificates to be produced at the time of admission
- Application Form
- 12th standard equivalent marks card/pass certificate – Original + 3 attested photocopies.
- 10th standard marks card/pass certificate for proof of date of birth – Original + 3 attested photocopies.
- Transfer Certificate from the institution last attended – Original + 3 attested photocopies.
- Conduct certificate from the institution last attended – Original
- Migration certificate from the Board of the institution last studied (Non Karnataka students)
- Physical Fitness certificate from a registered medical practitioner
- Income and Caste certificate
- Photographs – 7 passport size, 4 stamp size
Commencement of course
The course commences as per the date prescribed by Mangaluru University, most likely in the end of June. The exact date will be communicated by the Institution.