Property / Estate Department
ACTIVITIES CARRIED OUT BY THE DEPARTMENT:
- Estate/Property matters: The Estate Department keeps the records up to date in the various Government Offices such as Village Panchayats, City Corporation, Taluk Office, Village Accountant Office, etc. A continued follow up of the works like procuring various documents such as sale deeds, RTCs, khata certificates, conversion orders, rent bonds and payment of Self Assessment Tax, etc. is done through this Department. Some of the land owned by Father Muller Charitable Institutions is given out on annual lease and monthly rental basis. When the lease holders come forward to purchase owner’s right, it is given with the approval of the Governing Body of the F.M.C.I.
- Survey of the land property, attending to the problems of moolgeni cases, chalgeni cases, land given on lease, preparing rent bond of the tenants and follow up of the collection of rent, purchase / sale of land, if any, registration and related works, etc. is also the work of the Department.
- Court Cases: Court cases pertaining to the property, tenant problems as well as the consumer court are followed up and attended. Meeting the advocates and appearance before the Court for evidence and representing the Institutions whenever necessary is the major work in the court cases. This is naturally a prolonged process which needs special attention and good rapport with advocates and the law enforcement authorities like the Police department and Deputy Commissioner’s office.
- Liaison Work: The Department also acts as a liaison between all the three Colleges on one hand and RGUHS, CET, COMEDK, ISM, DME and KMC, etc. at Bangalore on the other.
- Miscellaneous: The Department also looks after the Institution’s Boiler which supplies steam to the kitchen and the laundry. Periodical supervision is done and assistance given in inspecting the same by the Directorate of Factories and Boilers and records are maintained.