NSS programmes conducted by the Unit :
- Blood Donation Drive: A blood donation drive was conducted on June 14th under the aegis of the unit. The medical students were enthused to take part and help those in times of medical emergencies. Under the guidance of the N.S.S. officer, the students held a discussion, chaired by Melanie Pinto, on the importance of donating blood and innovative methods to ensure that victims of medical emergencies did not have to worry about arranging blood in their period of distraught.
- Vanamahotsava: 24th July 2014 was a day to go green in the Father Muller campus. The NSS Unit celebrated “Vanamahotsava” the traditional tree planting festival which saw the likes of students, staff as well the management enthusiastically planting mango saplings all around the campus. Over 50 students participated in planting of saplings.
- Adoption of Villages: On 4th August 2014 the NSS students volunteered to adopt Mundage village about 27 Kms from Mangalore city. They conducted a thorough one week community evaluation of the medical and social situation of the community. The Community needs assessment showed that majority of the villagers suffered from Anemia and a high prevalence of hypertension in the elderly population. Health education was provided and a talk on importance of breast feeding was given at the College hospital Rural Health Training centre. The NSS students also noticed lacunae of utensils and educational toys / posters at the local Anganwadi centre. As the village has been adopted by the NSS students, further activities will be carried out to improve the medical and social issues affecting the residents.
- Children’s Programme: 22nd February 2015 : The NSS students sang songs in the Paediatric Ward. They had a game for all the children and then sweets were distributed to all.
- 5. Graduation Day: On 13th March the graduates of Father Muller Charitable Institutions proudly took part in a glorious ceremony for their convocation. The NSS volunteers helped make this day a memorable one for their seniors by leading the graduates to their respective seats, guiding the proud parents to their reserved seats and in crowd management.