Students’ Council Members : 2017-18
Administrator, FMMC- Rev. Fr Ajith B. Menezes
Dean, FMMC – Dr Jayaprakash Alva
Vice Dean – Dr Padmaja Udaykumar
Mr Jerome Joseph(MBBS 2014)
Ms Aranha Lisanne Rachel Conrad(BPT 2014-15))
Ms Riya Zahir(MBBS 2015)
Ms Shiney Maclean D'souza( MLT 2015-16)
Staff Coordinators & Student Representatives of Various Committees:
Student Development Committee
- Staff Advisor :Dr Sanjay Fernandes
- Student Representative :Ms Sappna V (MBBS 2016)
- Staff Advisor :Dr Vinay P.G.
- Student Representative :Ms Riya Mary Tellis (MBBS 2015)
- Physical Director :Mr Chandrashekhara S.N.
- Staff Advisor :Dr Sudarshan Pai U.
- Student Representative :Ms Savitri Kini (MBBS 2014)
- Staff Advisor :Dr Sumanth D.
- Student Representative :Mr Sanjay. R. Shetty (MBBS 2016)
- Staff Advisor :Dr Shailaja Katti
Dr Deepthi Castelino
- Student Representative :Mr Rouvin Alexander D Souza (MBBS 2014)
Fine Arts Committee
- Staff Advisor :Dr Sanjay Joseph Fernandes
- Student Representative :Ms Dsouza Rochelle Peter (BPT 2016-17)
- Staff Advisor :Dr Sweta D'Cunha
- Student Representative :Ms Chitra Yathindra (MHA 2016-17)
The investiture of the student council for the year 2017-2018 was held on 4th November, 2017 the Decennial Memorial Hall. It was well attended by both staff and students. The solemn occasion began with the procession of the outgoing and the new student council.
Following the prayer song and lighting of the lamp, the badges were bestowed upon the new office bearers and the oath of duty was taken by the new student leaders.
The chief guest for the day, Mr.WalterNadalike, the Founder, Managing Director and Editor of Daijiworld Media, expressed his appreciation for the student culture at Mullers and urged the new council members to always rely on their fellow students and be receptive to all ideas, instead of depending solely on themselves and on technology.
The president for the event was our Director, Rev. Fr Richard Coelho who expressed his high hopes for the new council. The event ended with the maiden speech of the new president, Mr Jerome Joseph.
On the 31st of October, 2017, Mullers experienced the first if it's kind Social event aimed at raising funds for the cause of Dialysis. This event that no Mullerian missed was named “Flaunt Your Haunt”.
It was an evening when the students and staff of FMMC took the night off from their daily role and became anything they wanted to be!
The costumes ranged from the Madhatter, to Dracula, to even Princess Tiana! The hard work and effort that was put into each costume was not left unrecognised as there were several prizes that were given away. The Three main categories were:
- The best dressed couple
- Best dressed male who was named Mr. Halloween
- Best dressed female who was named Ms. Halloween.
It was not just the costumes and the prizes that made everyone get into the spirit of Halloween, one cannot leave out the incredible decorations that spanned the academy hall, be it the ginormous spider web overhead, to the X-ray photo booth or the fire pillars that lit the entrance.
This evening was not just a treat for the eyes but for the stomach as well, satisfying the cravings of everyone gathered there. There was a bake sale organised by the students dishing out delicious pastry items and a food stall courtesy of The Ladies Cirlce, Mangalore serving savoury items.
However, the highlight of the evening was the music that every leg shook to, thanks to DJ Chris!
Flaunt Your Haunt served its purpose of being a Social event, with students and staff of all courses coming together to have a gala time as well being a Fund Raising event with the funds raised to the tune of ₹34000 for the cause of Dialysis.