What is Ragging?
Ragging is any disorderly conduct whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing , treating or handling with rudeness to any student , indulging in rowdy or undisciplined activities which cause or likely to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in a fresher or a junior student and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame or embarrassment so as to adversely effect the psyche of a fresher or a junior student.”
-Honourable Supreme Court of India
INC REGULATIONS ON RAGGING
Indian Nursing Council (INC) has made it very clear that all INC approved institutions should strictly follow the directions of Hon’ble Supreme Court of India and Raghavan Committee recommendations without exception. It is clearly mentioned in the regulation that RAGGING is totally banned and any one found guilty of ragging and /or abetting ragging is liable to be punished.
PUNISHMENTS TO THE STUDENTS
- The punishment to be meted out has to be exemplary and justified harsh to act as a deterrent against recurrence of such incident.
- Every single incident of ragging a First Information Report (FIR) must be filled without exception by the Institutional authority with the local police authorities.
- Anti-ragging committee of the Institution shall take an appropriate decision, with regard to punishment.
- Depending upon the nature and gravity of the offence as established the possible punishments for those found guilty of ragging at the Institution level shall be anyone or any combination of the following:-
- Cancellation of admission.
- Suspension from attending classes.
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process.
- Withholding results.
- Suspension/expulsion from the hostel.
- Debarring from representing the Institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament or youth festival etc.
- Restriction from the Institution for period ragging from 1 to 4 semesters
- Expulsion from the Institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other Institution.
- Collective punishment: when the persons committing or abetting the crime of ragging are not identified the Institution shall resort to collective punishment as a deterrent to ensure community pressure on potential raggers.
INSTRUCTIONS TO STUDENTS
- RAGGING IS BANNED, thereof all the students of FMCON are advised to refrain from all such activities which are directly or indirectly related to ragging.
- A wholehearted coordination with the members of Anti-ragging Committee will be appreciated.
- All students will be bound to obey the appropriate punishments, if found guilty, without any prior indications whatsoever.
- All students should intimate the incidents of ragging, if any, to the officials of Anti Ragging Committee Members number (Please find the numbers from the displayed Anti Ragging committee list in this website), immediately after witnessing the matter.
It is mandatory for all students to fill in an Anti Ragging Undertaking online soon after the admission in the College. For details, please visit http://www.antiragging.in or http://www.amanmovement.org/
|1||Ms. Briget A P (Sr. Deepa Peter ), Assistant Professor||Chair Person||9482384790|
|2||Sr. Winnifred D’Souza (Principal FMCON), Professor||Advisor||9739715213|
|3||Mrs. Jasmine Sarita Vas (Principal FMSON), Assistant Professor||Advisor||9980185843|
|4||Mrs. Irene T R Alvares (M. Sc Coordinator), Professor||Member||9845155651|
|5||Mrs. Shobha P Xavier (1 PB B. Sc Coordinator), Lecturer||Member||9886932304|
|6||Ms. Sonia Karen Liz Sequera (II PB B. Sc Coordinator), Lecturer||Member||7353074151|
|7||Mrs. Shwetha Rashmi M S (I B. Sc Coordinator), Lecturer||Member||9740510036|
|8||Mrs. Preethi Fernandes (II B. Sc Coordinator), Assistant Professor||Member||9481264602|
|9||Mrs. Sandra Jyothi Saldanha (III B. Sc Coordinator), Lecturer||Member||9900412965|
|10||Ms. Precilla Loriena D Silva (IV B. Sc Coordinator), Lecturer||Member||9916528629|
|11||Mrs. Lejomol Abraham , Lecturer||Member- secretary||8867675131|
|12||Mrs. Bridget D’Silva (SNA Advisor), Associate Professor||Member||9483705629|
|13||Mr. Ovine Loyster D’Souza , Lecturer||Member||9964048581|
|14||Ms. Ani M Jacob , II M. Sc (N) Student||Member||9995937710|
|15||Ms. Ancilla Shalini Martis, 1st PB B. Sc (N) Student Member||Member||9902532466|
|16||Ms. Edna Lavita D’Souza, II PB B. Sc (N) Student||Member||9482623270|
|17||Mr. Bobin Martin, II PB B. Sc (N) Student||Member||9035788252|
|18||Ms. Ajina P Andrew, IV B. Sc (N) Student||Member||9986979004|
|19||Ms. Sagana, IV B. Sc (N) Student||Member||9035221853|
|20||Ms. Gloria Lorraine Fernandes, III B. Sc (N) Student||Member||9483912253|
|21||Ms. Grace Kuriakose ,III B. Sc (N) Student||Member||8747003356|
|22||Ms. Annie Philip, II B. Sc (N) Student||Member||9620326339|
|23||Ms. Leonza Mariola D’Rozario, II B. Sc (N) Student||Member||8891040299|
|24||Ms. Beulah T P , 1st B. Sc (N) Student Member||Member||7411751785|
|25||Ms. Christeena, 1st B. Sc (N) Student Member||Member||9497309371|
|26||Ms. Banedicta Castelino (Hostel Warden)||Member||8105446820|
|27||Mrs. Alphonsa ( Hostel warden)||Member||7899575878|
|28||Inspector/ Sub-Inspector of Pandeshwar Police Station||Member||0824-2220518|
|29||Mr V.J Cutinha, Security officer||Member||9481954600|
|30||Mrs. Jyothi Pinto||Advocate||9886830414|
ANTI RAGGING SQUAD
|1||Sr. Winnifred D’Souza||Principal, CON||9739715213|
|2||Mrs. Jasmine Sarita Vas||Principal, SON||9980185843|
|3||Mrs. Bridget D’Silva||Associate Professor||9483705629|
|4||Sr. Deepa Peter||Assistant Professor||9482384790|
|5||Mr. Rajeeve Mathew||Lecturer||9986969037|
|6||Ms. Sonia Sequira||Lecturer||7353074151|
|7||Ms. Ajina P Andrew||Student representative||9539946628|