Student Nurses Association
The aim of the SNA is to provide programs representative of fundamental and current professional interest concerns to nursing students. Membership in SNA aids in the development of the whole person, including the professional role.
- To uphold the dignity and honour of the nursing profession.
- To promote participation in student community affairs.
- To involve the students in intercollegiate sports and cultural activities.
- To promote collaborative relationships with various health organizations.
- To bring out the talents and confidence of the students for the upliftment of self and society.
- To inculcate the value of espirit de corps.
- To develop leadership abilities among the students.
- To improve the students social contacts to enhance professional growth
The Student Nurses' Association, popularly known as SNA, is a nation-wide organization of nursing students. It was established in 1929 at the time of annual conference of the TNAI in Madras. Ms. L.N. Jean, the Nursing Superintendent of General Hospital, Madras was instrumental in forming this association.
The Father Muller College and School of Nursing SNA unit was incepted on 1987 under the stewardship of then Principal, Lt Col Ms C Thyagarajan. Thereafter the SNA has grown in numbers and activities carried out by the students. Today over 600 students are members of SNA. This unit provides a great platform for the student nurses to acquire current and futuristic concepts and issues of nursing scope practice and prepares them with professional skills. This little student nurses association carrying out educational, cultural, social and scientific based activities which would enhance their all round development of personality.
|PRESIDENT||Sr. Winnifred D’Souza (Principal, FMCON)|
|SNA ADVISORS||Mrs Bridget D Siva, Assoc Professor
Mrs Pramila Madtha, Lecturer
|VICE PRESIDENT||Ms Nikeetta Aleyamma Kurian|
|SECRETARY||Ms Denita D Sa|
|JOINT SECRETARY||Ms Hazel D Souza|
|PROGRAM COORDINATOR||Ms Jasmine Noronha|
|TREASURER||Ms Elizabeth Sunny|
|1st year||Ms Alphonsa Tomy
Ms Alliena Tessa tomy
Ms Meenu Francis
|2nd year||Ms Ansa Thomas
Ms Lidiya Justin
Ms Linta Vincent
|3rd year||Ms Derina benny
Ms Rosemary Jojo
|4th year||Ms Anishlin R
Ms Clevita Crasta
Ms Ribsy Annie Monachan
|1st PBBSc||Ms Dinah Dune. P
Ms Barisha. R. Pyngrope
|2nd PBBSc||2nd PBBSc Ms Diana D Souza
Ms Edna Lavita D Souza
Ms Reshma D Souza
|DECEMBER 1)||WORLD AIDS DAY||DONATION|
|JANUARY 12||NATIONAL YOUTH DAY||STREET PLAY|
|JANUARY 30||ANTILEPROSY DAY||SPONSORING LUNCH|
|February 1||DEAF AND DUMB DAY||TALK|
|February 4||WORLD CANCER DAY||FLASHMOB|
|February 7-14||PREGNANCY AWARENESS WEEK||ROLE PLAY|
|MARCH 1||NATIONAL SCIENCE DAY||DEBATE COMPETITION|
|DEBATE COMPETITION||INTERNATIONAL WOMENS DAY||DEBATE COMPETITION|
|APRIL||WORLD HEALTH DAY||WALKATHON|
|APRIL 25||WORLD MALARIA DAY||FLASHMOB|
|MAY 9-12||NURSES WEEK||CULTURAL FEST|
|JUNE 14||WORLD BLOOD DONORS DAY||INTER BATCH QUIZCOMPETITION|
|SEPTEMBER 5||TEACHERS DAY||CELEBRATION FOR TEACHERS|
Membership & Fee
All the under graduate nursing students of the Father Muller college of Nursing are the members of SNA. The registration fees Rs.200/- for new registration and subsequent years Rs150/- to the SNA.
- Rajiv Gandhi University of health Sciences, Bangalore
- Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi
- Karnataka State Nursing Council, Bangalore.
Article IV Meetings
SNA meetings or meeting of the executive board will be held at least once a month, with prior notification, or as deemed necessary by the president. Agenda prepared by the SNA Advisor shall be approved by the President. Copies of the committee reports are filed in the President’s and Advisor’s file. SNA secretary maintains the report of all the activities carried out in the SNA unit.
Article V Standing Committees
Section I: Programme /Cultural committee
SNA conducts various curricular and co-curricular activities for the students during the year.
Section II: Editorial committee
Students actively participate in the editorial committee of the college for the magazine ”Muller spring”. SNA unit collects the best articles from the students and hands over to the editorial committee of the college for its publication.
Section III: Disciplinary
SNA unit has the responsibility of maintaining the discipline of the students. Every year, students will be oriented towards the rules and regulations and uniform code in the college as well as in the clinical areas. They are also responsible to maintain discipline during various celebrations of the college of Nursing
Section IV: Finance committee:
Finance committee maintains the statement of the accounts of the year and present during the e General body meeting.
Section V: Sports committee:
The committee encourages the students to actively participate and organize the sports activities.
Section VI: Media Committee:
The SNA Media committee works with Media Committee of FMCON and publicizes the activities, achievements of student Nurses Association unit, in the Website of the Institution.
Article VII: Elections
SNA conducts election every year for the post of Vice President, Programme Co-coordinator, Secretary, Joint Secretary and Treasurer. The election of the officer’s bearers will be held at the beginning of the academic year. The class representatives will be selected by the respective class students.
The executive board consist of President (Principal of College of Nursing) .SNA Advisors(faculty of CON) & Vice President, Programme Co-coordinator, Secretary, Joint Secretary, Treasurer and 3 class representatives from the student body. The term of office will be for one year
The eligibility criteria for nominees and SNA executive posts are
- Student should be an integrated person
- Student should be committed to the responsibilities given
- Student should always stand for the right and what the college management plans
- Student should lead an exemplary life especially in values, discipline and punctuality.
- Student should be intelligent, creative and active member
- Should not have been an executive in the previous years.
Article VII: Responsibilities of officers
Section I: President/ Committee Chairperson
- The president is the representative of the SNA to the faculty.
- The president presides at all meetings of the organization and of the executive board.
Section II : Vice President
- The Vice-President acts as the coordinator of all committees.
- The Vice-President will preside in the absence of the president.
Section III: Program co-coordinator:
- The responsibilities of the cultural committee are carried out by the programme co-ordinator.
Section IV: Secretary
- The Secretary will keep the record of the proceedings of all meetings.
- The Secretary will also take attendance at
Section V: Joint Secretary
- The Joint Secretary will be responsible for all SNA communications.
Section VI: Treasurer
- The treasurer will keep an itemized record in a permanent file of all receipts and expenditures and give written report during the meetings.
Section VII: Class Representatives
- To serve as liaisons between their respective classes, the SNA and faculty.
- To communicate & relay pertinent information to their respective classes.
The responsibilities of the class representatives are:
Section VII: SNA Advisors
- SNA Advisors are the faculty of the College of Nursing
- The SNA Advisors will be responsible for the coordination of student representatives to Student body.
- SNA Advisor assists the president in carrying out the meeting and activities of the association.
- The advisors will serve a term of one or two years. If unable to fulfill obligations, said advisor may appoint a new advisor with the executive board’s approval.
- To help the economically poor students for their academic growth
- To promote collaborative relationships with various organizations for social cause
- To develop leadership abilities among the students by planning, organizing and implementing social activities
- To improve the students social contacts to enhance professional growth
How to Donate
- To help our association for anyone of these above causes, mention clearly your Name, Batch and Cause.
- You can send your donations by Cash/Cheque/DD in favour of anyone of these accounts – “FATHER MULLER COLLEGE OF NURSING” payable at Mangalore.
- You can also directly transfer the money on Syndicate Bank, FMCI Branch A/c No. 02392200004011 (IFSC NO; SYNB0000239)
Sr Winnifred D Souza
College of Nursing
Telephone Father Muller College of Nursing
(A unit of Father Muller Charitable Institutions)
Father Muller Road, Kankanady, Mangalore-575002,Karnataka, INDIA
|0824 - 2238320,2438906|
|0824 - 2438906|