- Integrate basic components of the program
- Provide a sense of a variety of learning experiences which must develop a sense of participation, service and achievement among the volunteers
- Understand the community in which they work
- Understand themselves in relation to their community
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem-solving
- Develop among them a sense of social and civic responsibility
- Utilize their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community problems
- Day Camp, Activities in adopted village, college, urban-slums, community place.
- To be organized during weekends, holidays, important days.
- Duration – 120 hours per year (20 hours for orientation, 30 hours for campus work and 70 hours for community service).
- 7 days residential camps in adopted village.
- Should be organized on various national developmental issues.
- Activities on awareness programme, creation of durable assets through Shramdan (donation of labour), production oriented programme, relief and rehabilitation, education and recreations etc. to be undertaken.